The sphinx-powered GeneSet search engine supports some advanced query options: http://sphinxsearch.com/docs/2.0.6/extended-syntax.html
The words " OR " and " NOT " are translated automatically into sphinx operators " | " and " -" respectively.
Currently defined field names are:
- GeneSet Metadata: @name, @description, @label, @attribution
- Publication Metadata: @pub_authors, @pub_title, @pub_abstract, @pub_journal, @pmid
- Group-Specific Access: @group
- names of groups shared with (use quotes if necessary), or "Public"/"Private"
- All Gene Identifiers and Aliases: @gene
- Does not currently map to microarray probes or homologous genes
- Ontology Terms: @term
- includes unique ID, name, and term description
- Species: @species, @taxid
- scientific name, or NCBI taxid (9606=human, 10090=mouse, etc)
All the fields listed above are searched by default.
Example Searches:- search all fields for striatum and gene *Mobp* - same as above but more precise